7.19.2009

Dinner Out

My daughter and I went to Morton's in Vienna last night for a delicious dinner. An ice cold martini with olives followed by scallops, spinach, mushrooms, and asparagus and to top it all off we enjoyed a melty chocolate cake. As always, it was disappointing to see how many people just don't seem to enjoy putting on something attractive when they go out. Many people were paraded by our table on their way to be seated and it was sad to see so many hoodies, polo shirts, sack dresses, boring tee shirts and dumpy jeans. Why? Why? Why? I think that fashion is a bit on the fun side and that there is pleasure in putting together an outfit when I go someplace special. I realize it takes some effort to get dressed nicely but it doesn't take that much to make yourself look sharp, does it?

No comments: