- Tiffany Elsa Peretti Mini Bean 18K Gold Pendant Necklace
- Hermes Silk Scarves
- Jay Strongwater Jewelry Box
- Prada Wallet
- Vintage Jewelry
Alexandria, Va 22314
- If you want to look polished, you should be polished. Fingernail polish is an easy way to update your look from season to season. New popular colors continuously show up on fashionable celebrities, creating a craze around that color for the season. Usually nail polish colors mimic what is happening in the colors on the runways. For instance, one of the hot colors this year is Chanel's Jade, which is a pale green shade, popularized by celebrities as Rachel Bilson, that is now sold out.
- Make a Statement. Fashion runways and magazines keep reiterating to us, that this season in jewelry, "the bigger, the better". To update your look for this winter season, put on a big piece of jewelry. Super-lux designers adorned their models in huge bib necklaces and bangles that came up to the elbow, designer looks. The 1980s and decades before were infamous for big jewelry, we have plenty to choose from at New to You.
- Shine On. Even though it is winter, the sun is still shining and the glare is bright, so don't forget your sunglasses. This is an easy switch up for each season. Sunglasses can range in price from $3 to $500, so depending what you are in the market for, these eye-adornments can be very affordable and an easy update to your look. Even the designer one's that are priced well above $300 can be affordable when you find them here at New to You.
- Not-so-Neutral. Fashion designers look to PANTONE to determine the color's of the season. Along with the good ol' black, brown, gray, and all the neutrals in-between, the colors of this season are described as intense and shocking. Look for jewel-tones and electric colors to spruce up your wardrobe. An item can be as small a brooch or a scarf or as significant as your handbag or shoes.
- Take it to New Tights. Who else out there is saying thank goodness tights are back in? I know my legs could not take this cold and chafing for one more winter season. The best part about tights is that they are fashionable and comfortable...a fashionista's dream! Because they are making a comeback, you can really wear whatever one's suit your fancy. Opaque is the way to go, but as far as color, print, and texture...go crazy, they are all making an appearance in the magazines.
- You wear practical, work-appropriate shoes everyday, so now is the chance to break out those stunning metallic heels, patent booties, or sequin peep-toes. We know, comfort is key, but the party is only a few hours long, right?
- Wearing that Little Black Dress acts as canvas for sparkle and glitter! Have fun with your jewelry! Do you have a magnificent cocktail ring, a wristful of bangles, shimmery dangly earrings, or a trendsetting rhinestone bib necklace? Well, break them out, only not all at once. One or two pieces of statement jewelry at a time is a good rule of thumb...you don't want to look like you are trying too hard.
- As with shoes, your everyday bag is probably practical and big enough to lug around everything you need in a given day. So for this evening occasion, let's switch it up. Trade your everyday bag for a smaller wristlet, clutch, or a chain-strap evening bag. As Tim Gunn says, "The dressier the affair, the smaller the handbag." Your bag does not have to match your shoes, it all just has to "go", meaning work together and be in the same family.
So, did I hear it right, the recession is over? Great, let's go shopping! Well, how about this, let's shop right, and do it to enhance our wardrobe. As women, we have probably all accumulated lots and lots of garments and fabulous pieces in our closets, now we can work with what we have and accessorize it. So, make a statement with what you are wearing...its easier than you think, I promise.
Key Trends in Accessories this Season:
Statement Earrings! - Scour the house and your mother's stored-away jewelry...or come to New to You! Don't frown upon the clip-ons, there are some fabulous ones out there and can glam up any outfit. You don't have to be walking down the red carpet to pull off these head-turners, just throw them on with jeans and a simple top, and walk out the door. They make the outfit effortlessly!
Belts, Belts, and more Belts! - You are a woman, so accentuate that figure! There are millions out there, and a million ways to wear them...over a jacket, dress, collared shirt, or slung on your hips. Don't be shy, just test it out, or come in here, and we'll show you how to wear it!