- If you want to look polished, you should be polished. Fingernail polish is an easy way to update your look from season to season. New popular colors continuously show up on fashionable celebrities, creating a craze around that color for the season. Usually nail polish colors mimic what is happening in the colors on the runways. For instance, one of the hot colors this year is Chanel's Jade, which is a pale green shade, popularized by celebrities as Rachel Bilson, that is now sold out.
- Make a Statement. Fashion runways and magazines keep reiterating to us, that this season in jewelry, "the bigger, the better". To update your look for this winter season, put on a big piece of jewelry. Super-lux designers adorned their models in huge bib necklaces and bangles that came up to the elbow, designer looks. The 1980s and decades before were infamous for big jewelry, we have plenty to choose from at New to You.
- Shine On. Even though it is winter, the sun is still shining and the glare is bright, so don't forget your sunglasses. This is an easy switch up for each season. Sunglasses can range in price from $3 to $500, so depending what you are in the market for, these eye-adornments can be very affordable and an easy update to your look. Even the designer one's that are priced well above $300 can be affordable when you find them here at New to You.
- Not-so-Neutral. Fashion designers look to PANTONE to determine the color's of the season. Along with the good ol' black, brown, gray, and all the neutrals in-between, the colors of this season are described as intense and shocking. Look for jewel-tones and electric colors to spruce up your wardrobe. An item can be as small a brooch or a scarf or as significant as your handbag or shoes.
- Take it to New Tights. Who else out there is saying thank goodness tights are back in? I know my legs could not take this cold and chafing for one more winter season. The best part about tights is that they are fashionable and comfortable...a fashionista's dream! Because they are making a comeback, you can really wear whatever one's suit your fancy. Opaque is the way to go, but as far as color, print, and texture...go crazy, they are all making an appearance in the magazines.
Fashion does not have to be intimidating...make it work for you. Do what you can and what you want, and make it appropriate for you and your lifestyle!